Friday, December 31, 2010

If You Were My Best Friend

" If you were my best friend I'd want you 'round all the time, I'll be your best friend if you promise that you'll be mine."

How many times have we thought this? At some point in time we all long for that best friend who will be there for anything, anytime, anywhere. This may be a relationship with a person of the opposite sex, or it may be a longtime friend that you grew up with. Either way.....it is rare to find someone, anyone that you are able to share your most intimate thoughts with, the one who is sent to you, at the right time in your life so that you are able to make it.

I have come to realize that you do needs friends in your life who will have your back when you need them.....or better yet, someone that you will be able to lean on and reciprocating when they need you. I had a friend who made me realize that in this day and time, people are not willing to be a friend...they are not willing to help out each other in a time of need. I have come to find out that people tend to use you when they want or need something...they use you up, and when you don't meet their expectation....they don't have need for you anymore.

Maybe we are all guilty of this, but concentrating on being a friend, a true friend, a best friend is the greatest feeling in the world.

No comments: