Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I AM Ready for Love

What is Love?
Am I "In Love"?
Who is that right person for me?
Does He/She Love me?

Love is a topic that is questioned and analyzed on a daily basis.

Many people forget to see the value of Love.....and what Love truly is, and because of this...we are living in a state of confusion on what Love really is. TRUE Love NEVER fails. Many have been taught for so many years that in order to Love anyone else you must Love and seek God....you must submit to HIS Will and you must follow His commandments. Love originates with Him, and if you don't seek him....how can you seek Love from anyone else? Just saying.....

Two kinds of (Biblical) Love appeared frequently in my research about this topic....Agape Love and Phileo Love:

"Agape" Love is defined as represented as the Love that is given to us by God....which is unconditional and sacrificial. ( John 3:16). Agape Love seeks nothing in return....it allows us to be who we are and even if we decide to follow the desires of our hearts, will still be there unconditionally. This Love is deep....selfless....intimate.

"Phileo" Love is defined as the love we commonly call "Brotherly Love". This Love connects our souls and our spirits with someone else. This Love is a causal/friendly Love between friends and acquaintances.

When someone says: I Love You....it could mean so many different things:

I Love you BECAUSE you do this for me.
I will Love you IF you do things the way I want them done.
I Love you IN SPITE of your faults.

Which way do you Love?

No comments: