Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It's Basketball Ya'll!

Well I had an eventful weekend....went to basketball games, took care of my youngest who was sick, and went to the laundromat which I have not done in YEARS ( my dryer died and I wanted kids to wear DRY clothing to school!!)

So what I want to talk about today is my kids basketball coach. I know that it is trying sometimes to deal with 5 through 7 year olds, and I know that you are volunteering your time, and you are not getting paid....... but my goodness do you have to text on your cell phone , talk to your wife who is watching the game, and yap it up with the "assistant coach"  ( during the game I might add) while these children are running up and down the court shooting at the wrong basket!! ( Okay only my 5 year old did that....but that's not the point!!!)

I mean the other team is executing plays and actually guarding the person they are assigned to guard. I mean these little kids are playing like the "Globetrotters" and our kids look like " The Generals"!! Sheesh! I want to get my money's worth too!!!! I want my son to learn to make the mean face while he guards his opponent, and not run around the court chasing the other team like they are playing tag.

I know this is for fun, and they are learning how to get along with the other kids....but can I get my $95 worth please? I'm just saying.

That's all for now.....

No comments: